Dr. Qian (Jenny) Du
Bobby Shackouls Professor
● Biographical Information
Dr. Qian (Jenny) Du received B. S. and M. S. degrees from Beijing Institute of Technology, and M. S. and Ph. D. degrees from University of Maryland Baltimore County in 1998 and 2000, respectively, all in electrical engineering. She was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Texas A&M University-Kingsville from 2000-2004. She joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University (MSU) in Fall 2004, where she is currently Bobby Shackouls Professor.
Dr. Du's research field is digital image processing and its application to remote sensing problems with an expertise on hyperspectral image exploitation. The research she has conducted covers almost all the topics in remote sensing image processing and analysis, such as target detection, anomaly detection, change detection, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised classification, spectral unmixing, endmember extraction, dimensionality reduction, band selection, multisource data/feature/decision fusion, real-time processing, parallel computing, data compression, registration and mosaicking, sharpening, visualization, etc. Her research interests also include image super-resolution and neural networks.
Dr. Du is an active member of the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS), International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE), International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR), American Society of Photogrammetric & Remote Sensing (ASPRS), and the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences (CPGIS). She was a board member of CPGIS (2019-2020). She was the Co-Chair for Data Fusion Technical Committee of IEEE GRSS (2009−2013), and Chair for Remote Sensing and Mapping Technical Committee of IAPR (2010−2014).
Dr. Du is a Fellow of SPIE and IEEE.
Dr. Du is named to the 2021 Highly Cited Researchers list from Clarivate Analytics.
She was the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (J-STARS) in 2016−2020.
She has served as Associate Editor for several journals:
- IEEE J-STARS (2011−2015)
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters (2012−2015)
- Journal of Applied Remote Sensing (2014−2015)
- Pattern Recognition (2021−present)
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (2021−present)
- MDPI Remote Sensing (2021−present)
She also serves as Guest Editor for several special issues:
- Spectral Unmixing of Remotely Sensed Data (IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 49, no. 11, 2011)
- High Performance Computing in Earth Observation and Remote Sensing (J-STARS, vol. 4, no. 3, 2011)
- Optical Multiangular Data Exploitation (J-STARS, vol. 5, no. 1, 2012)
- Hyperspectral Remote Sensing: Theory, Methods, and Applications (J-STARS, vol. 6, no. 2, 2013)
- Pattern Recognition in Remote Sensing (J-STARS, vol. 7, no. 12, 2014)
- Airborne Hyperspectral Remote Sensing of Urban Environments (Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, vol. 8, 2014)
- Management and Analytics of Remotely Sensed Big Data (Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, vol. 9, 2015)
- Advances in Pattern Recognition in Remote Sensing (Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 83, 2016)
- Remote Sensing Big Data: Theory, Methods, and Applications (Remote Sensing, 2017)
- High Performance Computing in Geoscience and Remote Sensing (Sensors, 2018)
- Advanced Techniques for Spaceborne Hyperspectral Remote Sensing (Remote Sensing, 2019)
- Recent Advances in Multitemporal Remote Sensing Data Processing (J-STARS, 2021)
- Advances in Optical Remote Sensing Image processing and Applications (Remote Sensing, 2021)
- Going Deeper in Multi-Source Fusion on Earth Observations: Data, Model, and Application (J-STARS, ongoing)*
- Deep Reinforcement Learning in Remote Sensing Image Processing (Remote Sensing, ongoing)*
Dr. Du is the General Chair for the 4th IEEE GRSS Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing (WHISPERS) in Shanghai, China, in 2012, the 7th IAPR Workshop on Pattern Recognition in Remote Sensing (PRRS) in Tsukuba Science City, Japan, in 2012, and the 8th IAPR PRRS Workshop in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2014. She is the General Co-Chair for the 10th International Workshop on the Analysis of Multitemporal Remote Sensing Images in Shanghai, China, in 2019. She is also the Technical Co-Chair for the 8th International Conference on Agro-Geoinformatics in Istanbul, Turkey, in 2019.
- Fall 2022: ECE8473 Digital Image Processing
Text: Gonzalez and Woods, Digital Image Processing, 4th edition, Pearson, 2017 (ISBN: 978-0133356724)
- I am always looking for highly motivated students for research. Please contact me for more information.
In general, I will not consider to recruit a student until I see his/her performance in my class(es).
Last updated on July 2, 2022